Tuesday, January 17, 2006

letter from a not so old friend 06



I don't particularly remember us syncing, especially when it comes to conversation. Spontaneous maybe, the stairways, the kayaks, roofs and sand. But yet all this by far, showed a very challenging time, like making windoz talk to a mac or visa versa. You can sync them, but are they really ... talking? When an specially invented language were made between us, like lyric-less rhythm of todays chillouts, grooves. Meaningless to most.

I was a modern dancer under A Drama center for close to 2 years, i can't keep my my feet firm when listening to the Groove Salad (Soma FM), I use to know all the MJ moves that I'm so afraid to disclose now. And anyone who have been with me to zouk will either think of me as a freak or follow suit. And yes, I have success hitching on to girls on occasion who dances as crazy as I.

What set me thinking about us today? And about dancing? Was the last conversation about the prospect of us doing salsa together before you head back. Believe me, I am losing blood in my hands typing this, cold hands. ********, the irony is, do you ever recall us dancing together? Like really dancing? The most it have ever come to is the "Couple Dance" at pubs, more public foreplay than anything else if seriously speaking. Hell, I've even dance more R&B with my buddy's GF than with you.

Hum... spicy, zesty, energetic and sensual partner dance. Many considered a "street dance" as it is free and spontaneous. Passion, passionate, have you seen those Latin and Afro-Caribbean dances? Salsa is similar to Mambo in that both have a pattern of six steps danced over eight counts of music. The dances share many of the same moves. In Salsa, turns have become an important feature, so the overall look and feel are quite different form those of Mambo. Mambo moves generally forward and backward, whereas, Salsa has more of a side to side feel. Hum... do you remember at Viva Brazil 1999? You bet, we didn't dance then either.

Who invented salsa? The Cubans, Puerto Ricans
*Flashback Viva Brazil* Dreams of fishes, music in abandance, beers and tapping of the rain from the jacket that sheided us.

Our little adventure with the old folks in the mist of cha cha, ballroom dancing and folks singing Chai Qing and Teresa Teng, and the upbeat uncle giving us an advice. A dance will either re-ignite two as one, or break you. He then recall instances of aged couples that fought soon after, and couples that sparks once again. My guess is, dance, bring out what's inside, truly.

My friend, all I by partaking this event, on a lighter note is to lose my belly, is to reinforce our friendship. We shared a large chapter of our lives together and might as well take on a more successful role as friends and maybe buddies. To add another extension to our lifes and add another trophy for the been there category. I know you feel the same way too, except for the belly part.

No comments: